10 June 2009

GJ and MG are getting a little higher when hovering over the nest. We thought that MG may have taken the plunge, but then landed back on the nest. It's been quite an adventure watching these two. As a commentator just mentioned, it does appear the two juvenile osprey are challenging the other as to who will take the leap of faith first. Hopefully when both do take their first flight we will be able to catch the moment.

Both parents seem to be enticing the chicks to take flight by hanging out on the communication equipment, just out of reach. I'm thinking MG will go first!

7 comments:

Realist said...

Hint:

I have been setting zoom level at 125% for this cam - does not distort picture and more detailed views.

For the Scotland web cam, have been setting zoom level at 150%. What a difference! And, again, very little distortion. Makes a huge difference, particularly on the Scotland web cam which has a small screen.

Anonymous said...

The commenter said the young chicks are challenging each by saying "I'm first." The way they are looking at each other, I think they are saying, "OK, but you go first." I just came up from the beach and wondered when I went on the web site if I'd see an empty nest--but there they both are. The excitement continues!

Vivian

HawkLady said...

Thanks for the wonderful experience of watching these two young birds. The last few days have really been exciting, and I'll be sorry -- but also glad -- when they fledge. Hope to get to see them.

Anonymous said...

OMG. Are they gone. I went to get coffee and I come back and the nest is empty! Are they just off camera?

Sue

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, did our birds take off this morning? I looked away for just a minute while they were on the very edge--and then they were gone!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

False alarm. They were off camera. Now I see them.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Yep, there they are. Could they have taken a little spin up and around and then back in the nest? How can I possibly leave my computer this morning with all this excitement?

Vivian